Hungry for Tamales? This bundle from BELLATAVO is what you need. Bobs Red Mill Masa Harina makes incredible fresh corn tortillas, of course, but did you know there’s a world of possibilities in these bags. Made with dried corn kernels that have been cooked and soaked in limewater before grinding, this flour is ideal for traditional foods like tamales and pupusas, but it’s also a fantastic addition to baked goods. Use it as breading or to thicken chili and soup. Bob's Red Mill Organic Masa Harina flour is the perfect pantry staple for lovers of Mexican and Latin American foods. It is made from certified organic corn that has been cooked, treated with limewater and ground into a fine flour. Ideal for making homemade corn tortillas, sopes and pupusas. While they’re similar, corn masa is very different from cornmeal (don’t swap the two). It’s finer, and the method of preparation is very different: dried yellow or white corn kernels are soaked in water and lime. Then the skins are removed and the remaining corn kernels are dried and ground into corn flour perfect for masa dough. As with fresh masa, Red Mill masa harina makes superior corn tortillas: just mix with water and a little salt to create a smooth, springy dough. Then divide the dough into two-inch balls that you’ll press and cook on a hot griddle. Top them with your favorite fillings and sauces—don’t forget the lime wedges! Organic Masa Harina flour results in delicious corn tortillas every time, which means Taco Tuesday is now more than just a meal, it's also a family or date night activity. After all, that first perfectly smooth and pliable corn tortilla you make by hand is not only brag-worthy, but—and maybe it's just our perception—we could swear it makes the meal taste that much better. Grab a tortilla press and try for yourself today! Badia Corn Husks have been trusted for generations. The best corn husks you'll find. They are evenly shaped, large and clean.
- This tamale bundle includes one-24oz Package of Bob's Red Mill Masa Harina , one-6oz Packages of Badia Gluten Free Corn Husks and a Recipe Card from BELLATAVO!
- Bob's Red Mill Organic Non GMO Masa harina is most popularly used to make corn tortillas—it’s as easy as adding water and salt, pressing the dough balls flat and cooking them up on a hot griddle. You can also use this flour to make other authentic Mexican dishes like tamales, pupusas, empanadas or cornbread.
- A bag of Bob's Red Mill organic corn masa harina can go quite far in your kitchen. In addition to tortillas, tamales and pupusas, you can make bread (using about a half cup of the corn flour for the same amount of all-purpose flour instead), which will yield a faintly sweet and almost nutty loaf.
- Bob's Red Mill Organic Masa Harina is USDA Certified Organic * Vegan * Vegetarian * 100% Whole Grain * Stone Ground * Kosher Pareve * 100% whole grain * Good source of dietary fiber and iron*
- Masa Harina is a flavorful flour made from nixtamalized corn (corn soaked in limewater). It is a must-have ingredient for traditional, homemade corn tortillas and tamales. Masa, the Spanish word for "dough," is the traditional dough used to make corn tortillas.